Study Session begins at 5:30 pm; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00 pm
A G E N D A
5:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – STUDY SESSION
1. Change, Growth and Planning: Open Space Challenges of Santa Clara County 3.0
Presented by Don Weden, Retired Principal Planner, Santa Clara County Planning Department
7:00 MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve Board Meeting Minutes:
October 22, 2015
November 4, 2015
2. Approve Claims Report
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
3. Contract Amendment with Restoration Design Group for Final Design Development, Production of Construction Documents, Interpretation Design, and Initial Grading Oversight for the Mount Umunhum Summit Project and Construction Oversight for the Guadalupe Creek Overlook (R-15-160)
Staff Contact: Meredith Manning, Senior Planner
General Manager’s Recommendation: Amend a contract with Restoration Design Group for an additional $605,000 to complete final design development, interpretive design, production of construction documents, and oversight for the initial phase of grading for the Mount Umunhum Summit Project, plus construction oversight for Guadalupe Creek Overlook at Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve; the contract includes a 12% contingency of $65,000 for unforeseen requirements, for a not-to-exceed total contract amount of $979,595.
4. Presentation of Staff Facilities Opportunities and Constraints Analysis Report (R-15-156)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Capital Project Manager and Tina Hugg, Senior Planner
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Receive the Staff Facilities Opportunities and Constraints Analysis Report describing the existing conditions of four main staff facilities and recommended actions.
2. Confirm the Planning and Natural Resources Committee’s proposed goals of staff facility planning.
3. Provide input and confirm the short-term, medium-term, and long-term staff facilities recommendations and priority projects.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for factual information; request staff to report back to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Portions of the following properties identified as Santa Clara County Assessor Parcel Numbers 562-04-014, 562-08-012, and 562-22-017
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Scott McQueen and Michael Rossetta
Under Negotiation: Terms of real property transactions