Special Meeting starts at 6:30 PM; Regular Meeting starts at 7:00 PM
6:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to 54956.9(b): (one potential case)
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of staff
o Whitney Berry, Planner II
o Susan Weidemann, Property Management Specialist II
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve November 16, 2016 Minutes
2. Approve Claims Report
3. Annual Dedication Report of Certain District Lands (R-16-151)
Staff Contact: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Accept the annual report on the status of dedicated interests in District lands held for public open space purposes.
4. Award of Contract with Gv Tech Solutions, a subsidiary of Eagle Network Solutions, for the Server Systems Infrastructure Upgrade project; authorization for purchase of computer server hardware and funding to purchase required software licenses. (R-16-155)
Staff Contact: Benny Hsieh, IT Program Administrator
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize a purchase of $62,683 for an integrated 3-node computer server hardware system.
2. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a professional services contract with Gv Tech Solutions to plan and implement an upgrade of the District’s IT infrastructure for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $69,000; and a 10% contingency of $6,900 to cover unforeseen requirements and support for a not-to-exceed total contract amount of $75,900.
3. Authorize the funding of $80,000 for a one-time purchase to cover required server-side software licenses.
5. Update of the District’s Classification and Compensation Plan to reflect the revised Board Appointee Group salaries approved by the Board on October 26, 2016 (R-16-156)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Supervisor
Board Appointee Evaluation Committee’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the revised Classification and Compensation Plan, resulting from the Board’s approval of the evaluations of the performance of the District’s Board Appointees for Fiscal Year 2015-16, and the Board Appointee Evaluation Committee recommendation of the salary adjustments for the Board Appointee Group.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
6. Board Policy for Distribution of Tickets and Passes (R-16-157)
Staff Contact: Hilary Stevenson, Assistant General Counsel
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve a new Board Policy, “District Distribution of Tickets and Passes.”
7. Contract Amendment with MKThink for Additional Futurist/Architectural Strategist Services for the Administrative Office Project at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos(R-16-154)
Staff Contact: Tina Hugg, Senior Planner, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract amendment with MKThink for additional services related to the Administrative Office Project in the amount of $19,000, for a total not-to-exceed new contract amount of $69,000.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for factual information; request staff to report back to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports