Special Meeting begins at 5:00pm; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00pm
A G E N D A
General Manager’s Recommendation: Select one of the Facilities Ad Hoc Committee’s recommendations regarding proposed options for a new Administrative Office:
1. Majority recommendation: Construct a new, three-story office building at the existing location with a rooftop common area.
2. Minority recommendation: Construct a new, two-and-a-half story office building, with half of the third floor to be used as non-office/common area, e.g. meeting room, kitchen, cafeteria, and the other half as an open rooftop common area.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
• Introduction of staff
O Jay Marvin, Ranger
O Kyle Shank, Ranger
O Ashley Ryder, Ranger
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve January 11, 2017 Minutes
Board President’s Recommendation: Approve the Board President’s appointments to the Board Standing Committees and the Governing Board of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority, as well as approve the appointments of Board representatives to other bodies, and determine the compensation status for attendance at Board Committee meetings.
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract amendment with PGA Design, Inc., for additional services related to the Sears Ranch Parking Area Project at La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve in the amount of $42,626, for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $123,821.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution of the Board of Directors of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District (District):
• Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report
• Adopting the Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations
• Approving a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan
• Approving the Bear Creek Redwoods Preserve Plan including the Bear Creek Stables Site Plan and the Alma College Cultural Landscape Rehabilitation Plan
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed FY2016-17 Quarter 2 District Budget amendments, and affirming the adopted FY2016-17 District Budget by fund.
General Manager’s Recommendation: Appoint a member to serve on the Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee to serve the vacant term expiring December 31, 2020.
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports