Closed Session at 5:45 pm; Regular Meeting at 7:00pm
5:45 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION (Significant exposure to litigation Government Code Section 54956.9(b)) (one potential case)
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN: 575-11-008
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi Sr. Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Ronald Kahn, HR2LG, LLC
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
3. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 085-170-020, 290 & 310
Agency Negotiator: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
Negotiating Party: Justin Garland, Conservation Project Manager, Peninsula Open Space Trust
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms and Conditions
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve April 12, 2017 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Fiscal Year 2016-17 Quarter 3 District Budget Amendments (R-17-63)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed FY2016-17 Quarter 3 District Budget Amendments.
4. Contract Amendment with Harris Design for $362,536 for additional scope items including Design, Engineering, Construction Administration, and Permitting for the Combined Webb Creek Culvert and Trail Undercrossing at Alma College Parking Area at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $604,365 (R-17-52)
Staff Contact: Bryan Apple, Planner II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Amend a contract with Harris Design for the Alma College Parking Area and Trail Crossing in the amount of $362,536 for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $604,365, for the following additional scope items and cost:
1. Design, construction documents (CD), permitting support, and construction administration for the combined Webb Creek Culvert and Trail Undercrossing and Upper Lake Spillway Connection to Webb Creek Culvert in the amount of $219,140.
2. Replenishment of contract funds for an undercrossing feasibility assessment that was completed to better inform the parking area schematic design in the amount of $13,555.
3. Design of a public access area to Upper Lake in the amount of $19,860.
4. An optional task to complete the design, construction documents (CD), and construction administration for the replacement of the lower section of the Webb Creek culvert, if deemed necessary, in the amount of $19,860.
5. A 15% contingency of $76,221 to cover potential unforeseen requirements.
6. A separate contract allowance of $20,000 specifically for additional revisions related to permitting and regulatory requirements, site investigations and additional public meetings that are beyond the current scope of work to avoid implementation delays, for a combined not-to-exceed contract amount of $604,365.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Annual Integrated Pest Management Report, 2016 (R-17-50)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes, Integrated Pest Management Coordinator
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required
6. Approval of Rangeland Management Plan for October Farm (R-17-51)
Staff Contact: Clayton Koopmann, Resource Management Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) as set out in the staff report.
2. Approve the Rangeland Management Plan for the October Farm portion of the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
3. Adopt an Amendment to the Preliminary Use and Management Plan for the October Farm portion of the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve to incorporate the Rangeland Management Plan.
7. Review and Reaffirmation of the use of Rights of First Offer and Rights of First Refusal to purchase and preserve open space lands, and authorization of General Manager to initiate negotiations on specific properties (R-17-44)
Staff Contact: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager and Elish Ryan, Real Property Planner III
General Manager’s Recommendation: Reaffirm interest in outstanding Rights of First Offer and Rights of First Refusal to preserve open space lands, and authorize the General Manager or General Manager’s designee to initiate negotiations upon notification of owners’ intent to sell certain properties.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports