Special Meeting begins at 5:00 pm; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00pm
Agenda and related documents will be posted no later than Friday, June 9 at 5:00pm
REVISED A G E N D A
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN: 170-04-054
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Pearlman Properties
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION (Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(b)): (One potential case)
3. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Counsel
6:15 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – STUDY SESSION
1. Innovation Team Fog Harvesting Project Informational Report (R-17-71)
Staff Contact: Craig Beckman, Area Manager, Land and Facilities -- Skyline
General Manager’s Recommendation: Informational report only. No Board action required.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of staff
o Chris Perry – Open Space Technician, SFO
o Jessica Vizena – Open Space Technician, SFO
o Tom Hanson – Equipment Mechanic Operator, FFO
o Alex Rodriquez – Open Space Technician, FFO
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Claims Report
2. Authorization to Reduce the District’s Unfunded Pension Liability by Making a $1 Million Pre-Payment to the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) (R-17-70)
Staff Contact: Mike Foster, Controller
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to deposit $1 Million into the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s (District) CalPERS account, in order to reduce the District’s unfunded pension liability.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
3. Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget & Action Plan (R-17-89)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the FY2017-18 Budget and Three-Year Capital Improvement Program.
2. Approve the FY2017-18 Action Plan.
3. Adopt a Resolution approving the Classification and Compensation Plan.
4. Approve three new positions in the Planning & Project Delivery business line.
4. Demolition of Unoccupied Structure at 16075 Overlook Drive El Sereno Open Space Preserve (R-17-68)
Staff Contact: Elaina Cuzick, Senior Property Management Specialist, Land and Facilities Services Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the demolition of the unoccupied former employee residence at 16075 Overlook Drive El Sereno Open Space Preserve (OSP).
• Location of Public Meetings – Outreach and Civic Engagement
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports