Special Meeting begins at 5:15pm; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00pm
A G E N D A
5:15 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Counsel
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: San Mateo County APN(s): 079-080-090 and 079-080-080 (portions)
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Sr. Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Hawthorns Preservation Trust Foundation
Under Negotiation: Lease Terms
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve June 28, 2017 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract to Top Line Engineers, Inc., for construction of the Harkins Bridge Replacement Project at Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve for a Base Contract Amount Not-to-Exceed $226,200 and a Separate 15% Contingency of $33,930 (R-17-92)
Staff Contact: Matt Brunnings, Capital Project Manager, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Top Line Engineers, Inc., of Hayward, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $226,200.
2. Authorize a 15% contingency of $33,930 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount not-to-exceed $260,130.
4. Fiscal Year 2017-18 Annual Claims List (R-17-96)
Staff Contact: Andrew Taylor, Finance Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Annual Claims List, including debt service payments.
5. Revise Resolutions to Accurately Reflect Board Appointee Compensation in Response to California Public Employees’ Retirement System Public Agency Direction (R-17-95)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Supervisor
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt two resolutions to supersede previous resolution that did not include language required by CalPERS to accurately reflect Employer Paid Member Contributions as special compensation for Board Appointees.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
6. Proposed purchase of the Pearlman HIMY Los Altos LP Property as a potential new Administrative Office, located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos in the County of Santa Clara (Assessor’s Parcel Number 170-04-054) (R-17-90)
Staff Contact: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as set out in the staff report.
2. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the entry into a purchase and sale agreement for the Pearlman HIMY Los Altos LP Property at a cost of $31,550,100.
3. Authorize the General Manager to have full authority to make all property management decisions for the property after the close of escrow consistent with Board direction and the attached Resolution relating to the management of existing leases and upkeep of the property.
4. Authorize use of the General Fund Committed Infrastructure Reserve in an amount of $31,805,100, with a corresponding authorization to increase the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Real Property Budget, to cover the purchase price ($31,550,100), due diligence ($65,000), and escrow/commission costs ($190,000).
5. Authorize pursuit of financing options for $15 million for the property.
7. New Board Policy 3.09 – Debt Management Policy (R-17-91)
Staff Contact: Andrew Taylor, Finance Manager and Disclosure Coordinator
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve new Board Policy 3.09 - Debt Management Policy.
• Ohlone/Portolá Heritage Trail
• Summary of District - Latino Outdoors Partnership, FY2016-17 and 2017-18
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports