Study Session begins at 6:00pm; Special Meeting begins at 7:00pm
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – STUDY SESSION
1. Open Space Vision Plan Overview (R-17-124)
Staff Contact: Jane Mark, AICP, Planning Manager, Casey Hiatt, GIS Administrator, and Kirk Lenington, Natural Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a presentation on the 2014 Open Space Vision Plan and Conservation Atlas.
7:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve November 8, 2017 Minutes
2. Award of contract for demolition of an unoccupied structure at 16075 Overlook Drive in El Sereno Open Space Preserve (R-17-126)
Staff Contact: Omar Smith, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Land and Facilities Services Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into contract with Cal Excavation and Underground Inc., of Hughson, California for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $103,285.
2. Authorize a 15% contract contingency of $15,493 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount not-to-exceed $118,778.
3. Award of Contract with Waterways Consulting, Inc., for the preparation of construction level documents for road infrastructure improvements at Russian Ridge, Monte Bello, and Tunitas Creek Open Space Preserves (R-17-125)
Staff Contact: Elaina Cuzick, Senior Property Management Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a professional services contract with Waterways Consulting, Inc., to prepare construction level documents for road infrastructure improvements, for a base contract amount of $49,247.50.
2. Authorize a contingency of $7,387.50, to cover unforeseen expenditures, for a not-to-exceed total contract amount of $56,635.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
4. Annual bond disclosure training for the members of the Board of Directors, members of the Disclosure Working Group, and Contributors (R-17-127)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive annual training on Bond Disclosure obligations, responsibilities, and potential liabilities of members of District staff and members of the Board of Directors. No Board action required.
• Tenant Notification Regarding Cannabis Cultivation
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County Assessor’s Parcel Number 562-08-003
Agency Negotiator: Michael Williams, Real Property Manager
Negotiating Party: EkOngKar Singh Khalsa, Executive Director, Amah Mutsun Land Trust
Under Negotiation: Conservation Easement