This meeting will be held at Mitchell Park Community Center - Matadero Room - 3700 Middlefield Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303
A G E N D A
9:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
1. Annual Board of Director’s Retreat – Meeting 1 (Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives Review and Measure AA Optional Project List Prioritization) (R-18-13)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, Acting General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Review, update if needed, and adopt the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives to position Midpen to meet emerging opportunities and challenges, and guide the development of the Budget for Fiscal Year 2018-19.
2. Review the proposed enhancements to the Budget Development Process for Fiscal Year 2018-19.
3. Review Measure AA accomplishments and adopt the recommended Measure AA Project List for Fiscal Years 2018-19 through 2022-23 (next 5 years). The list includes projects of high priority and projects where significant progress is underway.
4. Review and prioritize the Measure AA Optional Project List, and direct staff to evaluate the organizational capacity over the next five years and incorporate the Board’s highest ranking projects that can feasibly be added to the Measure AA Project List, and return to the Board with the revised list for review and approval.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.