All weddings, ceremonies or scattering of cremains in Midpen preserves require a permit, regardless of size.
The following restrictions are currently in place in accordance with local health department COVID-19 guidelines:
- All participants must follow the current COVID-19 protocols.
- Participation is limited to less than 20 people from no more than THREE households.
- Participants must leave the area immediately following the ceremony; receptions are not allowed.
- Limitations on parking and the need for all participants to hike into the location may limit the feasibility of holding a ceremony at one of our preserves.
- All participants must follow these rules:
- Do not impede traffic on the trails, vistas, or access to other preserve visitors in any way.
- No vehicle access into preserve.
- Please carpool.
- No balloons, decorations, tents or catering.
- No confetti, birdseed or rice (bubbles are allowed).
- We recommend that anyone interested in having a ceremony at Midpen review the basic conditions and suggested ceremony locations and visit the potential site before requesting a permit.
Fill out my online form.