The District’s primary revenue source is a share of the annual total property tax collected within the District. In fiscal year 2016-2017, this amounted to $43.86 million in tax revenue. Other revenue sources may include federal and state grants, interest and rental income, donations, land gifts, and note issues.
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Financial Profile 2013-2014
- Financial Profile 2012-2013
- Financial Profile 2011-2014
The accomplishments listed below highlight the District’s focused efforts on the three parts of its mission—land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; and public access, education and outreach—combined with significant efforts to develop the administrative and organizational systems necessary to support this mission now and into the future. These accomplishments are extensive and varied, showing a focus on major preserve opening projects such as the Mount Umunhum Summit in the Sierra Azul Preserve, La Honda Creek Preserve, and Bear Creek Redwoods Preserve. They also show significant efforts on complex resource restoration priorities, education, and outreach to the District’s diverse preserve visitors, effective partnerships with other organizations to better fulfill the mission, and focus and dedication to the ongoing operational requirements of managing over 63,000 acres of open space.
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report
- 2015-16 Accomplishments Report
- 2014-15 Accomplishments Report
- 2013-14 Accomplishments Report
The work plan and corresponding funding plan for the coming year that embodies the mission of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space, protect and restore the natural environment, and provide opportunities for low-impact public enjoyment and education.
Budget & Action Plan 2018-2019
- Approved FY 2018-19 Budget & Action Plan
- Budget in Brief Brochure FY 2018-19
- Approved FY 2017-18 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2016-17 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2015-16 Action Plan & Budget
- Approved FY 2014-15 Action Plan
- Approved FY 2014-15 Budget
For the next 15 to 20 years and beyond the District imagines a future that equally balances the three components of our mission: preserving open space, protecting and restoring the natural environment, and providing public access and education. The adopted strategic plan will guide decisions to achieve the most beneficial impact with the available resources.
- Strategic Plan Summary Report
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2018-19
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2017-18
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2016-17
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2015-16
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2014-15
Financial and Operational Sustainability Model
To support Midpen’s commitment to implement Measure AA projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining on-going operations and programs, the agency chose to evaluate its structure, capacity and financial sustainability. The resulting Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM) Report is a proactive effort to address the changing demands of the organization. Midpen has already begun implementation of numerous strategic recommendations in the FOSM.
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2017
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2016
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2015
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2014
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2013
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2012
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2011
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016
The CAFR is prepared by the Finance Department in compliance with the principles and standards for financial reporting promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The CAFR consists of District Management’s representations concerning the finances of the District.