The District’s primary revenue source is a share of the annual total property tax collected within the District. In fiscal year 2016-2017, this amounted to $43.86 million in tax revenue. Other revenue sources may include federal and state grants, interest and rental income, donations, land gifts, and note issues.
- Annual Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Financial Profile 2013-2014
- Financial Profile 2012-2013
- Financial Profile 2011-2014
The accomplishments listed below highlight the District’s focused efforts on each part of its mission—land acquisition and preservation; natural resources protection and restoration; public access, education, and outreach; and for the coastside, supporting local agriculture. These accomplishments are extensive and varied, and include major projects to open new preserve areas to the public, including Mount Umunhum, lower La Honda Creek Preserve, and the western area of Bear Creek Redwoods Preserve. They also show extensive progress on resource restoration priorities, education and outreach to diverse visitors, collaborative partnerships with other organizations, and ongoing administrative and operational requirements of preserving over 63,000 acres of public open space. On the San Mateo County Coast, accomplishments include improving agricultural infrastructure to support the conservation grazing program while preserving the coast’s rural character.
- 2017-18 Accomplishments Report
- 2016-17 Accomplishments Report
- 2015-16 Accomplishments Report
- 2014-15 Accomplishments Report
- 2013-14 Accomplishments Report
The work plan and corresponding funding plan for the coming year that embodies the mission of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District to acquire and preserve a regional greenbelt of open space, protect and restore the natural environment, and provide opportunities for low-impact public enjoyment and education.
Budget & Action Plan 2018-2019
- Approved FY 2018-19 Budget & Action Plan
- Budget in Brief Brochure FY 2018-19
- Approved FY 2017-18 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2016-17 Budget & Action Plan
- Approved FY 2015-16 Action Plan & Budget
- Approved FY 2014-15 Action Plan
- Approved FY 2014-15 Budget
For the next 15 to 20 years and beyond the District imagines a future that equally balances the three components of our mission: preserving open space, protecting and restoring the natural environment, and providing public access and education. The adopted strategic plan will guide decisions to achieve the most beneficial impact with the available resources.
- Strategic Plan Summary Report
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2018-19
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2017-18
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2016-17
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2015-16
- Strategic Plan Update FY 2014-15
Financial and Operational Sustainability Model
To support Midpen’s commitment to implement Measure AA projects efficiently and effectively while maintaining on-going operations and programs, the agency chose to evaluate its structure, capacity and financial sustainability. The resulting Financial and Operational Sustainability Model (FOSM) Report is a proactive effort to address the changing demands of the organization. Midpen has already begun implementation of numerous strategic recommendations in the FOSM.
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2017
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2016
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2015
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2014
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2013
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2012
- Audited Financial Statement - Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2011
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Measure AA Bond Accountability Report: May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016
The CAFR is prepared by the Finance Department in compliance with the principles and standards for financial reporting promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The CAFR consists of District Management’s representations concerning the finances of the District.