Special Meeting begins at 6:00pm; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00pm
A G E N D A
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, Acting General Manager, Brian Malone, Acting Assistant General Manager, Jack Hughes, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
Employee organization: Field Employees Association
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATIONS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN(s): 510-33-001, 510-33-004, 510-33-005, 510-33-006, 510-32-012, 510-35-004 and 510-35-005
Agency Negotiator: Mike Williams, Real Property Manager and Allen Ishibashi, Sr. Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Andrew Gere, President and Chief Operating Officer
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve January 24, 2018 and February 1, 2018 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Proposed Purchase of the Gupta/Khan property as an addition to El Sereno Open Space Preserve located off Bohlman Road in unincorporated Santa Clara County (Assessor’s Parcel Number 517-24-030 (fee) and 517-24-024 (trail easement)). (R-18-14)
Staff Contact: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent, Real Property Department
Acting General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as set out in the staff report.
2. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the purchase of the Gupta/Khan property at a cost of $400,000 with corresponding authorization for a Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget increase of the same amount.
3. Adopt a Preliminary Use and Management Plan for the property, as set out in the staff report.
4. Withhold dedication of the Gupta/Khan property as public open space.
4. Resolution in Support of Proposition 68, the California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018 (R-18-16)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist, Public Affairs Department
Acting General Manager’s Recommendation: Consider adoption of a resolution in support of Proposition 68, the California Drought, Water, Parks, Climate, Coastal Protection, and Outdoor Access for All Act of 2018 put forth by the California State Legislature on the ballot for the June 5, 2018 statewide primary election.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Fiscal Year 2017-18 Quarter 2 District Budget Amendments (R-18-15)
Staff Contact: Elissa Martinez, Management Analyst I and Marion Shaw, Management Analyst II, Finance Department
Acting General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed FY2017-18 Quarter 2 District Budget amendments.
6. Award of Contract for Abatement and Remediation Services of the Exterior of the Mount Umunhum Radar Tower in Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve (R-18-18)
Staff Contact: Zachary Alexander, Capital Project Manager III, Engineering and Construction Department
Acting General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the Acting General Manager to enter into a contract with PARC Environmental of Fresno, California for a not-to-exceed contract amount of $363,932 (includes base bid plus additive alternates).
2. Authorize a 15% contract contingency of $54,590 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contract amount not-to-exceed $418,522.
3. Adopt a Resolution approving a budget increase in the amount of $485,130 to the Fiscal Year 2017-18 District budget to fund the abatement and remediation contract and other related project expenses.
• Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Wildland Fire Program
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.