MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT ACTION PLAN & BUDGET COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: RIFFLE, CYR, KISHIMOTO
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Approve the May 2, 2017 Action Plan & Budget Committee Minutes
2. Status update on 2017 grant-related priorities for the District (R-17-80)
Staff Contact: Melanie Askay, Grants Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: No action required.
3. New Board Policy 3.09 – Debt Management Policy (R-17-81)
Staff Contact: Andrew Taylor, Finance Manager and Disclosure Coordinator
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve new Board Policy 3.09 - Debt Management Policy.
4. Confirm Two Changes to the proposed Fiscal Year 2017-18 Action Plan and Budget (R-17-82)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, AICP, Assistant General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Confirm and recommend to the full Board the allocation of $47,000 from District General Funds – Capital and $425,000 from Grants/Partners/Other to fund structural investigations to identify all work required to fully implement the Seal and Retain option, which was previously approved by the Board of Directors, as well as design plans and permitting fees for the Board-approved repairs. These repairs will also ensure the protection of public health and safety given that the perimeter area will be open to the public starting September 15, 2017.
2. Confirm and recommend to the full Board the allocation of $3 Million from District Measure AA, $500,000 from District General Fund – Capital, and $1,650,000 from Grants/Partners/Other to fund the three-year capital improvement work for the Bear Creek Stables Site Plan Implementation Project (MAA 21-004).