Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/87457873406 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 874 5787 3406).
2. Members of the public may provide written comments by submitting a public comment form at:
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee has the following three responsibilities for each of the years the Measure AA general obligation tax is collected or revenues expended:
1. Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
2. Review the District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
3. Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.
5:30 REGULAR MEETING OF THE MEASURE AA BOND OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
Public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Bond Oversight Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Selection of 2022 Bond Oversight Committee Chair and Vice-Chair
2. Approve February 25, 2021 Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Minutes
3. Review Annual Accountability Report
4. Affirm the Agreed-Upon Procedures for the Review of Measure AA Expenditures and Select Sample Transactions
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Affirm the procedures and sampling size as previously approved and implemented by the Bond Oversight Committee for the review of the Annual Accountability Report of 6/30/2021, known as the Agreed-Upon Procedures.
2. Review the Measure AA expenditure reports and select sample expenditures from these reports based on the Agreed-Upon Procedures.
3. Affirm staff’s proposal to invite the District’s auditor to the February 8th meeting when the Bond Oversight Committee reviews and discusses the invoices.
5. Review of Timeline and Future Meetings
February 8, 2022 Review of Invoices
March 1, 2022 Finalize Report to the Board
March or April 2022 Presentation of Findings to the Board
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Committee members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.