Special Meeting at 5 p.m., Regular Meeting at 7 p.m.
Consistent with Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, the Governor has allowed local legislative bodies to hold public meetings via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body or state body to avoid public gatherings, and has suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/89043949491 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 89043949491).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARDOF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Design of Administrative Office Interpretive Elements (R-21-97)
Staff Contact: Leigh Ann Gessner, Public Affairs Specialist II
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Approve designs for two time-sensitive public interpretive elements being fabricated and installed in the future Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real in Los Altos:
(1) three exterior interpretive signs; (2) four exterior banners.
2.Approve designs and/or provide any additional direction for three additional, less time-sensitive public interpretive elements: (1) interior topographic relief model; (2) interior interpretive wall exhibit; (3) interior wall quotes.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY
•Introduction of District Staff
- Lindsay Cook, Open Space Technician
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the June 23, 2021 Board meeting minutes
2 .Claims Report
3. Award of Contract with Digital Story Company to develop and produce a video documentary commemorating Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s 50th Anniversary to support public outreach and education goals (R-21-94)
Staff Contact: Cydney Bieber, Public Affairs Specialist II, Public Affairs DepartmentGeneral Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Digital Story Group to develop and produce a 48- to 58-minute documentary commemorating the 50th Anniversary to use as a public outreach and education tool for a total contract amount not to exceed $90,696.
4. Approval of a Comment Letter to the San Mateo County Transit District on the Dumbarton Rail Corridor Project (R-21-95)
Staff Contact: Tyler Smith, Planner II, Planning DepartmentGeneral Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the Board President to sign a comment letter, with any final modifications as directed by the Board of Directors, on behalf of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Board of Directors to the San Mateo County Transit District regarding the Dumbarton Rail Corridor Project.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
5. Bear Creek StablesOperational Requirements, Concessionaire Selection Criteria, and Agreement Terms (R-21-98)
Staff Contact: Omar Smith, Senior Property Management Specialist, Land and Facilities
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Receive a presentation on the Bear Creek Stables Process for Selecting a Long-Term Stables Concessionaire.
2. Provide Input on the Proposed Bear Creek Stables Operational Requirements and Concessionaire Selection Criteria.
3. Review and Approve the Proposed Concessionaire Agreement Terms.
6. 2020 Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report (R-21-99)
Staff Contact: Sophie Christel, Management Analyst I, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a presentation on the 2020 Greenhouse Gas Inventory and the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s progress toward greenhouse gas emission reduction goals set in the 2018 Climate Action Plan. No Board action is required.
7.Termination of Local Emergency in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic (R-21-96)
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager and Hilary Stevenson, General Counsel
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a Resolution terminating a local Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District emergency in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
•Rieser-Nelson Property Addition, Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve
•State and Federal Legislative Update
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT –CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, General Manager, Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, Jack Hughes, Liebert Cassidy WhitmoreEmployee organization: Field Employees Association
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, General Manager, Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, Jack Hughes, Liebert Cassidy WhitmoreEmployee organization: Midpeninsula Rangers Peace Officers Association
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.