THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/85815976812 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Webinar ID 85815976812).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
5:30 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT–CLOSED SESSION
1. .CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN: 351-09-020, -022, -023 and -025
Agency Negotiator: Hilary Stevenson, General Counsel
Negotiating Party: Santa Clara County Counsel
Under Negotiation: Price and terms
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT –STUDY SESSION
1. Redistricting Process Overview and Proposed Redistricting Criteria (21-107)
Staff Contact: Jamie Hawk, GIS Program Administrator, Information Systems & Technology
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a presentation on the redistricting process, including relevant laws and statutes, and provide feedback on the proposed redistricting criteria, which will be refined and brought back for approval at a later date. No Board action required.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the July 28, 2021 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Updates to Various Board Policies (R-21-106)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and approve revisions to the following Board Policies, with any other amendments requested by the Board of Directors:
•Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Bylaws
•Board Appointee Performance Evaluation Process
4. Award of Contract to TKO General Engineering and Construction, Inc., for demolition of three unoccupied, unpermitted, non-historic structures at the former Bergman Property located at 20000 Skyline Blvd in Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve (R-21-105)
Staff Contact: Josiah Mackessy, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Land and Facilities Service DepartmentGeneral Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with TKO General Engineering and Construction, Inc, of Woodside, CA to complete structure demolition work for a base contract amount of $89,000.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency of $8,900 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the total not-to-exceed contract amount to $97,900.
5. Adopt a Resolution Approving Corrections to Resolutions 21-03, 21-04, and 21-05 with respect to the Classification and Compensation Plan for Board Appointee Compensation (R-21-108)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution to accurately reflect the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Board Appointees’ compensation in the Classification and Compensation Plan, which was approved by the Board of Directors on January 13, 2021.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Written public comments will be provided to the Board prior to the meeting and posted on the District’s website at www.openspace.org. The names of all commenters will be read into the record.
6. Proposed Amendmentsto the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Capital Improvement &Action Plan (CIAP) and Budget (R-21-104)
Staff Contact: Rafaela Duran, Budget & Analysis Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt a resolution approving the proposed amendments tothe Fiscal Year 2021-22 Capital Improvement and Action Plan (CIAP) and Budget.
7. Approval of Salary and Benefits Adjustments for the Office,Supervisory,and Management Employeesfor Fiscal Year 2021-22 (R-21-109)
Staff Contact: Candice Basnight, Human Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Adopt a resolution approving the salary and benefits adjustments for the Office, Supervisory, and Management employees as set out in this report.
2. Approve an update to the Classification and Compensation Plan reflecting the salary adjustment
8. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District 50th Anniversary
Staff Contact: Kori Skinner, Public Affairs ManagerGeneral Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
9. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District COVID-19 Response
Staff Contact: Ana Ruiz, General Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS –Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.