A G E N D A
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Committee meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953. Members of the public can attend and participate in the meeting using the following methods:
- In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
- Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/83478916145 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 834 7891 6145).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Committee, or register to make oral comments, as follows:
- Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
- Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
- Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
- Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT LEGISLATIVE, FUNDING, AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CYR, KERSTEEN-TUCKER, MACNIVEN
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
1. Approve the August 29, 2023 Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee Meeting Minutes
2. Draft 2024 Legislative Program (R-23-130)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Program Manager, Public Affairs Department
General Manager’s Recommendations:
- Review and provide input on the Draft 2024 Legislative Program, which outlines the proposed legislative priorities and policies for Calendar Year 2024.
- Forward a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval of the 2024 Legislative Program, with any changes as requested by the committee.
3. Grant Awards for the 2023 Grantmaking Program (R-23-131)
Staff Contact: Deborah Hirst, Grants Program Manager, Administrative Services
Samantha Powell, Senior Grants & Procurement Technician, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Forward the list of recommended grant awards for the 2023 Grantmaking Program to the Board of Directors for approval.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection on the District’s website at http://www.openspace.org.