This meeting will be held at La Honda Elementary School - 450 Sears Ranch Road, La Honda, CA
The Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Board of Directors adopted a Master Plan for the approximately 5,700-acre La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve in 2012. With Measure AA funding, Midpen is gearing up to open the Preserve to public use. Initial access will be provided by an interim parking area and trails, which are anticipated to open in Fall 2017.
We invite neighbors, interested parties and the La Honda community to hear about the work that is underway to open the Preserve. Information will include an overview of the La Honda Creek Master Plan, plans for the interim parking area and trails, and a schedule for opening other Preserve facilities.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Questions or Comments?
Please contact Lisa Bankosh, Planner III
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
330 Distel Circle - Los Altos, CA 94022
650.691.1200 - email@example.com
A G E N D A
6:30 MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT PLANNING AND NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: CYR, HARRIS, RIFFLE
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
The Committee Chair will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on any item not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Committee, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
1. Selection of Committee Chair for Calendar Year 2016
2. Approve the Planning and Natural Resources Committee Minutes:
January 19, 2016
3. La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve Master Plan Phase I Implementation – Trails and Interim Parking in the Lower La Honda Creek Area (R-16-48)
Staff Contact: Lisa Bankosh, Planner III, Planning Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Provide input on proposed Phase I priority actions, including construction of a gravel parking area, and opening the main ranch access road to hiking and equestrian use.
2. Consider an amendment to the Board-approved Master Plan to open one new mile of an existing ranch road as a hiking and equestrian trail to provide an early loop opportunity in the former Folger Ranch area and recommend forwarding to the full Board for review and approval.