Special Meeting begins at 5:00 p.m.; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
A G E N D A
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Portions of San Mateo County Assessor’s Parcel Numbers 093-590-030,
093-590-050 and 093-590-060
Agency Negotiator: Michael Williams Real Property Manager
Negotiating Party: Brian Morelli, Senior Right of Way Agent, San Francisco Public Utility Commission
Under Negotiation: Public Trail Easement
Negotiating Party: Sean Charpentier, Assistant City Manager, City of East Palo Alto
Under Negotiation: Memorandum of Understanding regarding Public Trail Easement
2. CLOSED SESSION: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employees: Controller
CLOSED SESSION: CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS. Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency designated representatives: Board of Directors
Unrepresented Employees: District Controller
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Informational Presentation by Project Manager Lotina Nishijima from the Santa Clara Valley Water District regarding the Permanente Creek Flood Protection Project at Rancho San Antonio
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve August 10, 2016 and August 24, 2016 Minutes
2. Approve Claims Report
3. Vegetation Management for Fire Protection at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve (R-16-108)
Staff Contact: Coty Sifuentes-Winter, IPM Coordinator
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Ecological Concerns, Inc. of Santa Cruz, California in the amount not to exceed $47,000.00 to provide vegetation management services at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve in Fiscal Year 2016-17.
2. Authorize the General Manager to extend the above contract in the amount not to exceed $28,000 in Fiscal Year 2017-18 to provide vegetation management services at Bear Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve if the Board approves this funding in the FY2017-18 budget.
4. Update Board Policies 3.01 (Financial Instrument Signatories) and 3.02 (Safe Deposit Box) to include the Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services as an authorized signatory (R-16-115)
Staff Contact: Andrew Taylor, Senior Accountant
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve a resolution to add the position of Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services to the list of authorized signatories and access to the District’s safe deposit box.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
5. Proposed purchase and settlement agreement for the Rossetta property as an addition to Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve located on Mt. Umunhum Road in unincorporated Santa Clara County (Assessor’s Parcel Number 562-22-017) (R-16-111)
Staff Contact: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Determine that the recommended actions are categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), as set out in the staff report.
2. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the purchase and settlement agreement for the Rossetta property at a cost of $1,650,000 with a corresponding authorization for a budget adjustment/increase of the same amount.
3. Adopt a Preliminary Use and Management Plan for the property, as set out in the staff report.
4. Adopt a Resolution authorizing the General Manager to file, upon close of escrow, a notice of Williamson Act nonrenewal with the County of Santa Clara for Assessor’s parcel number 562-22-017.
5. Withhold dedication of the Rossetta property as public open space at this time.
6. Award of Contract and Related Professional Services Contract Amendment for the Sears Ranch Road Drainage Upgrade Project (Project) at La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-16-114)
Staff Contact: Dale Grogan, Capital Project Manager, Engineering & Construction
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a contract with Grade Tech, Inc., of Castro Valley, CA, for a base contract amount of $415,960.
2. Authorize a 10% construction contract contingency in the amount of $41,596 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, thus allowing the total contact amount not-to-exceed $457,556.
3. Authorize the General Manager to amend an existing professional services agreement with Tim Best, CEG, for additional design services to support the Project in the amount of $2,594.
4. Adopt a Resolution approving a budget adjustment/increase in the amount of $207,150 to the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016-17 District budget to fund the Project.
7. Site Cleanup and Demolition of Structures in the former Driscoll Ranch Area of La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-16-112)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Water Resource Specialist, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the removal of debris piles and the demolition of the following 12 structures in the former Driscoll Ranch area of La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve to prepare the area for public use: 2 houses (one of which is County red-tagged); 2 standing barns with rotting substructures; 4 collapsed barns; and 4 outbuildings.
8. Final report on the sale of the 2016 Green Bonds Refunding (R-16-113)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer/Director of Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive final report. No action required.
• Disclosure of “Remote Interest” (Gov’t Code section 1091(a))
• Status of Housing Policy Revisions
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for factual information; request staff to report back to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.