The Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee consists of seven at-large members who reside within the District, and is essential to implementing Measure AA. The Committee is appointed by the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Board of Directors pursuant to Measure AA to ensure accountability, transparency, and public oversight of all funds collected and allocated under Measure AA.
The Expenditure Plan approved as part of Measure AA defines the Committee’s roles and responsibilities as follows:
- Review Plan expenditures on an annual basis to verify conformity with the Expenditure Plan.
- Review District’s Annual Audit and Annual Accountability report and present the Committee’s findings to the Board at a public meeting.
- Review any proposed amendments to the Expenditure Plan.
The Committee does not oversee any other District financial information nor does it set policy or provide input or direction on projects, budgets, work plans, or financial matters pertaining to other District funds. All actions, including decision about selecting projects for funding, will be made by the Board in public meetings.
The timeframe of this report spans from July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 and reflects Measure AA expenditures during this time period. The structure of this document is guided by the Measure AA Ballot language, specifically Priority Portfolio Actions by Region, which appears on page 7 of this report.
The committee convenes at least once a year and takes the time required to thoroughly review annual Measure AA expenditures and Midpen’s Annual Audit and Accountability Report. Each year, the committee’s findings are presented to the board at a public meeting and are posted on our website.
Bond Oversight Committee Report
- Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report: July 1, 20119- June 30, 2020
- Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report: July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019
- Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018
- Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Measure AA Bond Oversight Committee Report: May 11, 2014 - June 30, 2016