Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e), and in light of the declared state of emergency, meetings are not currently physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can view meetings live online or dial-in to listen by phone. Links to the meetings are included with each agenda.
Members of the public may provide written comments or register to provide oral comments by submitting a public comment form.
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- Comments received that are substantially similar in content will be grouped and a representative comment will be read into the record. Names and locations of all commenters will be read into the record.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
Individuals who require special assistance or a disability-related modification or accommodation to participate in this meeting, or who have a disability and wish to request an alternative format for the agenda, meeting notice, agenda packet or other writings that may be distributed at the meeting, should contact Susanna Chan, ADA Coordinator, at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting at 650-691-1200 and/or ADACoordinator@openspace.org. Notification in advance of the meeting will enable Midpen to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting, the materials related to it, and your ability to comment.
If you have any questions regarding the public comment process, please contact the District Clerk at email@example.com.
The Midpen board of directors holds its regular meetings on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 p.m. Additional special public hearings and neighborhood meetings are held periodically on specific issues. The public is invited and encouraged to attend these meetings and to participate in the decision-making process. Citizen participation is an essential part of the planning process for the development and use of the District's open space preserves. Sign up below to receive Board Agendas via email.
Posting of agendas, minutes, and reports on this web site does not constitute legal noticing. Every effort has been made to maintain accuracy in conversion to electronic files. Please contact the District for earlier agendas and minutes and for official, hard-copy documents. If you wish to have a hard copy of the agenda mailed to you prior to the meeting, you may request that service by calling the District's Clerk's office at 650-691-1200. This service costs $25 annually.
Please find below Agendas, Minutes and Reports for this year.
Every 10 years, following the federal census, Midpen’s board of directors is required by law to ensure the District’s seven wards remain substantially equal in population. The 2020 redistricting project aims to evaluate and adjust Midpen ward boundaries to ensure all statutory requirements are met, along with additional goals raised by the Board and issues raised by the public.
Midpen is governed by a seven-member publicly elected board of directors. Board members serve a four-year term, and represent a geographic ward of approximately equal populations.