Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Committee meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953. Members of the public can attend and participate in the meeting using the following methods:
1. In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
2. Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/88258242407 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 882 5824 2407).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Committee, or register to make oral comments, as follows:
- Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: www.openspace.org/public-comment.
- Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
- Submitting a request through the public comment form at: www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
- Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
- Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
1:00 MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT ACTION PLAN & BUDGET COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE MEMBERS: GLEASON, HOLMAN, RIFFLE ADOPTION OF AGENDA
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda;
however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Committee on items not on
the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
1. Approve the May 3, 2023 Action Plan & Budget Committee Minutes
2. Continued Overview of the Proposed Fiscal Year 2023-24 Budget and Three-Year Capital Improvement and Action Plan (R-23-45)
Staff Contact: Stefan Jaskulak, Chief Financial Officer
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and confirm, with any changes requested by the Action Plan and Budget Committee, that the Proposed Fiscal Year 2023-24 Budget and three- year (Fiscal Year 2023-24 to 2025-26) Capital Improvement and Action Plan are ready for consideration by the full Board of Directors.
3. Annual Review of Fiscal Management Policies for Fiscal Year 2023 (R-23-51)
Staff Contact: Rafaela Oceguera, Budget & Finance Analysis Manager
General Manager’s and Controller’s Recommendations:
1. Review a proposed amendment to Board Policy 3.07 – Fund Balance Policy.
2. Review a proposed amendment to Board Policy 3.08 – Investment Policy.
3. Affirm Board Policy 3.09 - Debt Management Policy.
4. Forward the policies and the proposed amendments to the full Board of Directors for consideration of their approval and affirmation.
4.Closure of Completed Measure AA Portfolios #18 South Bay Foothills: Saratoga-to-the-Sea Trail and Wildlife Corridor and #23 Sierra Azul: Mt. Umunhum Public Access and Interpretation Projects and Reallocation of Remaining Portfolio Funds to Portfolio #03 Purisima Creek Redwoods: Purisima-to-Sea Trail, Watershed Protection and Conservation Grazing (R-23-52)
Staff Contact: Rafaela Oceguera, Budget & Analysis Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review and confirm, with any changes requested by the Action Plan and Budget Committee, that Measure AA Portfolios #18 South Bay Foothills: Saratoga-to-the-Sea Trail and Wildlife Corridor and #23 Sierra Azul: Mt. Umunhum Public Access and Interpretation Projects are deemed complete and reallocate remaining funds of $6,357,920 to Portfolio #03 Purisima Creek Redwoods: Purisima-to-Sea Trail, Watershed Protection and Conservation Grazing.
5. Amend the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District’s Classification and Compensation Plan for Compensation Study Adjustments for Unrepresented Office, Supervisor, and Management Employees (R-23-53)
Staff Contact: Rebecca Wolfe, Human Resources Supervisor
General Manager’s Recommendation:
Forward a recommendation to the full Board of Directors to adopt a resolution amending the Classification and Compensation Plan based on the findings of a recent Compensation Study to:
1. Reassign the Human Resources Manager and Information Systems & Technology Manager from a current salary range of 48 to a new salary range of 51, which also results in bringing the salary range for the two department manager positions to be equivalent to that of other department manager positions.
2. Reassign the Information Technology Technician I from a current salary range of 22 to a new salary range of 24.
3. Reassign the Information Technology Technician II from a current salary range of 27 to a new salary range of 29.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in
this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to
the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and
are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for
public inspection on the District’s website at https://www.openspace.org.