Special Meeting: Closed Session - 6 p.m.; Regular Meeting - 7 p.m.
Consistent with Government Code section 54953(e) and Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Resolution 21-33, and in light of the declared state of emergency, the meeting will not be physically open to the public and all members will be teleconferencing into the meeting via a virtual platform. To maximize public safety while still maintaining transparency and public access, members of the public can listen to the meeting and participate using the following methods.
THIS MEETING WILL BE VIA TELECONFERENCE ONLY
1. The meeting can be viewed in real-time at: https://openspace.zoom.us/j/84728087057 or listen to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (847 2808 7057).
2. Members of the public may provide written or oral comments by submitting a public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment
- Comments on matters not on the agenda must be submitted prior to the time the board president calls for public comments.
- Comments on agenda items must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed.
- All comments shall be subject to the same rules as would otherwise govern speaker comments at the board of directors meeting.
- All written comments or requests to speak must be submitted via the public comment form. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by leaving a message at 650-772-3614 at least one hour prior to the start of the meeting. Comments via text or social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) will not be accepted.
Any comments received after the deadline, will be provided to the Board after the meeting
6:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives: Ana Ruiz, General Manager, Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, Jack Hughes, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
Employee organization: Midpeninsula Rangers Peace Officers Association
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
- Proclamation Thanking California Assembly member Marc Berman for his Support of the Cloverdale Ranch Acquisition
- Presentation of Recognition by San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, Santa Clara County of Board of Supervisors, and California State Legislature to the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District in Honor of its 50th Anniversary
- Introduction of staff
- Lindsay Contreras, Ranger
- Samantha Powell, Administrative Assistant
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the January 12, 2022 Board meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. 2022 Legislative Program (R-22-10)
Staff Contact: Joshua Hugg, Governmental Affairs Specialist
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt the 2022 Legislative Program as recommended by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee, with any final changes from the Board of Directors, to set the legislative priorities and policies for Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District.
4. Appointment of Board of Directors Standing Committee Members and Representatives to Various Bodies, Including the Governing Board of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority, for Calendar Year 2022 (R-22-09)
Staff Contact: Jennifer Woodworth, District Clerk/Assistant to the General Manager
Board President’s Recommendation: Approve the Board President’s appointments to the Board Standing Committees and other bodies, including the Governing Board of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority, and determine the compensable status for attendance at these meetings.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
5. Redistricting Scenario Review and Selection (R-22-11)
Staff Contact: Jamie Hawk, GIS Program Administrator, Information Systems & Technology
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review adjusted redistricting scenario maps and public feedback received, select a preferred scenario, and direct the General Manager to bring the preferred scenario for a public hearing and Board adoption on March 23, 2022.
6. Grant Awards for the 2021 Grantmaking Program (R-22-12)
Staff Contact: Deborah Hirst, Grants Program Manager, Administrative Services and Jordan McDaniel, Senior Grants & Procurement Technician, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation:
- Approve grant awards totaling $341,977 for 10 proposals under the 2021 Grantmaking Program as recommended by the Legislative, Funding, and Public Affairs Committee.
- Approve a $91,977 increase to the original $250,000 three-year funding allocation for the 2021 Grantmaking Program, bringing the total to $341,977 to cover all recommended grant funding amounts.
7. Oral Update on Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District 50th Anniversary
Staff Contact: Kori Skinner, Public Affairs Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: No Board action required.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.