7:00 pm Regular Meeting*
Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Board meetings are held in person at the District’s Administrative Office, and by teleconference pursuant to Government Code Section 54953.
Members of the public can attend and participate in the meeting using the following methods:
1. In-person at the Midpen Administrative Office – 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022.
2. Viewing the meeting in real-time at https://openspace.zoom.us/j/86342860791 or listening to the meeting by dialing (669) 900-6833 or (346) 248-7799 (Meeting ID 863 4286 0791).
Members of the public may submit written comments to be provided to the Board, or register to make oral comments, as follows:
• Written comments may be submitted via the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment.
• Requests to provide oral comment must be submitted prior to the time public comment on the agenda item is closed. Requests to provide oral comments may be made by:
o Submitting a request through the public comment form at: https://www.openspace.org/public-comment for those attending via Zoom.
o Submitting a request via the paper-based public comment form at the meeting for those attending in-person.
• Any comments received after the deadline will be provided to the Board after the meeting.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
ANNOUNCE OUT OF CLOSED SESSION
This portion of the agenda is for members of the public to comment on items not on the agenda; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. Individuals are limited to one comment during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the May 24, 2023 meeting minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Award of Contract to United Builders Corporation of San Jose, California to Complete a Minor Modification of Office Space at the Main Administrative Office (R-23-89)
Staff Contact: Paul Kvam, Senior Capital Project Manager
General Manager’s Recommendations:
1. Award a contract to United Builders Corporation to convert one large office suite into two to optimize for both staff facility use and available office rental space for a not-to-exceed base contract amount of $277,260.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency in the amount of $27,726 to be reserved for unanticipated issues, bringing the total not-to-exceed contract to $304,986.
4. Establish the Fiscal Year 2024 (FY24) Tax Levy for the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Measure AA General Obligation Bonds - Series 2015A and Series 2018 (R-23-90)
Staff Contact: Rafaela Oceguera, Finance & Budget Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Adopt three Resolutions of the Board of Directors of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District, one each for San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz Counties, to establish an ad valorem property tax levy of $1.20 per $100,000 in assessed value (or $0.0012 per $100) for the Measure AA General Obligation Bonds – Series 2015A and Series 2018. The District Controller has reviewed the calculation and concurs with the proposed rate of levy for FY24.
5. Partnership Agreement with City of Half Moon Bay for the Planning of Johnson House Park (R-23-91)
Staff Contact: Aaron Peth, Real Property Planner III, Real Property
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a Partnership Agreement with the City of Half Moon Bay and contribute funding for the planning, design, environmental review, and permitting phases to pursue public access improvements at Johnston House Park.
Public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors.
6. Update on Items of Mutual Interest Related to Heidelberg Materials (formerly Lehigh Hanson) and the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District regarding the Permanente Quarry (also known as Lehigh Quarry) (R-23-92)
Staff Contact: Brian Malone, Assistant General Manager, and Kirk Lenington, Natural Resources Manager
General Manager’s Recommendation: Receive a Presentation by Heidelberg Materials staff. No Board of Directors action required.
7. Disposition of Paul Cabin and Rapley Barn (R-23-93)
Staff Contact: Ivana Yeung, Capital Projects Manager III, Engineering and Construction
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the removal of the Paul Cabin and Rapley Barn, two structures that have fallen in disrepair, have no planned future reuse potential, and are not eligible for historic listing; approve the associated Comprehensive Use and Management Plan Amendments to authorize the removal of both structures.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 5050 El Camino Real, Los Altos, California 94022.