Special Meeting begins at 5:00 p.m.; Regular Meeting begins at 7:00 p.m.
A G E N D A
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
1. Approval of the Bid Plan Set for the Mount Umunhum Road Improvement Project and Authorization to Release the Request for Bids
Staff Contact: Zachary Alexander, Capital Project Manager II, Engineering and Construction Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Approve the Mount Umunhum Road Improvement Project Design and Bid Plan Set.
2. Delegate to the Engineering and Construction Manager the authority to approve any necessary changes to the Project Design and Plans, and Direct that the “As Built” Designs Come Back to the Board for Final Approval.
3. Authorize the General Manager to advertise the Request for Bids for the Mount Umunhum Road Improvement Project.
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION. (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Name of Case: Midpeninsula Regional Open Space v. Michael Rossetta, et al; Santa Clara County Superior Court Case Number 1-15-CV-289568
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION. (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Name of Case: Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District v. Mount Umunhum Limited Partnership, et al (McQueen); Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 1-15-CV-289553
3. CLOSED SESSION: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. (GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54957(b)(1))
Title of Employees: General Manager
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
• Introduction of Staff
o Nathan Greig, GIS Technician
o Jordan McDaniel, Administrative Assistant
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve the Minutes for the April 27, 2016 and May 11, 2016 Board meetings
2. Approve Claims Report
3. Contract Amendment with PGA Design, Inc., for Additional Design, Engineering, Permitting, and Construction Administration Services for the Sears Ranch Parking Area at La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve (R-16-65)
Staff Contact: Lisa Bankosh, Planner III
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to execute a contract amendment with PGA Design, Inc., for additional services related to the Sears Ranch Parking Area Project in the amount of $31,315, for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $81,195
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
4. Proposed Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget & Action Plan Initial Review (R-16-68)
Staff Contact: Nicole Gonzales, Finance and Budget Analyst II
General Manager’s Recommendation: Review the Proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2016-17 Budget and Action Plan, as reviewed and recommended by the Action Plan and Budget Committee in preparation for adoption at the June 22, 2016 Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors.
5. Consideration of the Controller’s Report on the Proposed Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget (R-16-69)
Staff Contact: Michael L. Foster, Controller
General Manager’s Recommendation: Approve the Controller’s report on the Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for factual information; request staff to report back to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports