Special Meeting starts at 5:00 PM; Financing Authority Meeting starts at 6:45 PM; Regular Meeting starts at 7:00 PM*
A G E N D A
5:00 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT – CLOSED SESSION
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. Government Code Section 54957(b)(1)
Title of Employee: General Counsel
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS (Government Code Section 54956.8)
Property: Santa Clara County APN: 170-04-054
Agency Negotiator: Allen Ishibashi, Senior Real Property Agent
Negotiating Party: Pearlman Properties
Under Negotiation: Purchase Terms
3. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION. (Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1))
Name of Case: In the Matter of the Staples Family Trust; San Mateo County Superior Court Case Number 17PR000671
6:45 SPECIAL MEETING OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT FINANCING AUTHORITY
1. Acceptance of the Controller’s Annual Financial Report of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2016 (R-17-96)
Staff Contact: Michael Foster, Controller
Controller’s Recommendation: Accept the Annual Financial Report of the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Financing Authority for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2016.
7:00 REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE MIDPENINSULA REGIONAL OPEN SPACE DISTRICT
The Board President will invite public comment on items not on the agenda. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes; however, the Brown Act (Open Meeting Law) does not allow action by the Board of Directors on items not on the agenda. If you wish to address the Board, please complete a speaker card and give it to the District Clerk. Individuals are limited to one appearance during this section.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
Introduction of staff
- Joe MacKessy – Open Space Technician
- Megan Scott-Sofia – Open Space Technician
- Marion Shaw – Budget Analyst
- Elissa Martinez – Budget Analyst
- Debbie Ledger – Senior Accounting Technician
- Amudha Sankar – Senior Accounting Technician
All items on the Consent Calendar may be approved without discussion by one motion. Board members, the General Manager, and members of the public may request that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar during consideration of the Consent Calendar.
1. Approve July 12, 2017 Minutes
2. Claims Report
3. Grant funding agreement from the County of Santa Clara for San Francisco Bay Trail Connection Project at Ravenswood Open Space Preserve (R-17-94)
Staff Contact: Melanie Askay, Grants Specialist, Administrative Services
General Manager’s Recommendation: Authorize the General Manager to enter into a $400,000 grant agreement with the County of Santa Clara to receive funds for the Bay Trail connection at Ravenswood Open Space Preserve.
The President will invite public comment on agenda items at the time each item is considered by the Board of Directors. Each speaker will ordinarily be limited to three minutes. Alternately, you may comment to the Board by a written communication, which the Board appreciates.
4. Award of Contract for Sediment Survey at El Corte de Madera Open Space Preserve (R-17-93)
Staff Contact: Aaron Hébert, Water Resources Specialist, Natural Resources Department
General Manager’s Recommendation:
1. Authorize the General Manager to enter into a multi-year professional services contract with Balance Hydrologics, Inc. to conduct a sediment study at El Corte de Madera Open Space Preserve for a base contract amount of $146,907.50.
2. Authorize a 10% contingency of $14,691.50 to be expended only if necessary to cover unforeseen conditions, for a not-to-exceed total contract amount of $161,598.
• July 2017 Santa Cruz Mountains Stewardship Network Update
• Minor Revision to Wording on the Save the Redwoods League Partner Signboard to be placed at Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve
• Approval of District and Mount Umunhum Logo Trademarks
• Housing Construction Options
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS – Reports on compensable meetings attended. Brief reports or announcements concerning activities of District Directors and staff; opportunity to refer public or Board questions to staff for information; request staff to report to the Board on a matter at a future meeting; or direct staff to place a matter on a future agenda. Items in this category are for discussion and direction to staff only. No final policy action will be taken by the Board.
A. Committee Reports
B. Staff Reports
C. Director Reports
*Times are estimated and items may appear earlier or later than listed. Agenda is subject to change of order.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the District Clerk at (650) 691-1200. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Written materials relating to an item on this Agenda that are considered to be a public record and are distributed to Board members less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, will be available for public inspection at the District’s Administrative Office located at 330 Distel Circle, Los Altos, California 94022.